Vietnam – Tax System
Most business activities and investments in Vietnam will be affected by the following taxes:
- Corporate income tax;
- Various withholding taxes
- Capital assignment profits tax
- Value added tax
- Import duties
- Personal income tax of Vietnamese and expatriate employees
- Social insurance, unemployment insurance and health insurance decontributions.
There are various other taxes that may affect certain specific activities, including:
- Special sales tax
- Natural resources tax
- Property taxes
- Export duties
- Environment protection tax.
All these taxes are imposed at the national level. There are no local, state or provincial taxes.